Books Unite Us: Panel Discussion
Books Unite Us: Panel Discussion In-Person
Take part in a critical conversation about the connections between book banning and issues of academic freedom and censorship in the curriculum.
Panelists will include:
- Angela Craig, Executive Director of the Charleston County Public Library
- Dr. Anthony Greene, Director of the African American Studies Program and Associate Professor of African American Studies
- Christy Wegmann James, Charleston County School District Media Services and Textbook Coordinator
- Marcus McDonald, lead organizer of Charleston Black Lives Matter
- Dr. Sandra Slater, Director of the Carolina Lowcountry and Atlantic World Program and Associate Professor of History
- Jace Woodrum, Executive Director of ACLU of South Carolina
- Dr. Jennifer Wright, Professor of Psychology
Free and open to the public. Registration is requested.
Event Location: Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center Auditorium (RITA 101).
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center Auditorium (RITA 101)